On 3/17/2011 3:28 PM, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 16, 2011, you wrote:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gender_gap/outreach_letters
>> My first draft of any outreach email letter - which I sent an earlier
> Good, thank you.
>
> I think it could be useful to provide some examples of efforts/projects on 
> this issue that have succeeded, active/promiment Wikipedian women as role 
> models, and a place to go or be welcomed. Presently, it feels a bit like 
> "please come and watch out for the 20-something males" which could be 
> supplemented with "please come, progress can be made, such as [here], there 
> are other women like you here such as [active/prominent Wikipedians] and come 
> visit us [at wiki/gendergap/wikichix] if you want/need to."
>
*Yup, my perspective when I wrote it way back in Mid-February. Probably 
evolved more in a more positive direction since then. (Of course I also 
dropped off of a couple of the most annoying articles where the 20 
something males were driving me craziest.)

So I should update/improve it with all info/insights that have come by 
since then, including with your suggestions...

Others please feel free to draft your own letters.

Or maybe we need a "module" letter...

In other words sections with suggested language and they can decide what 
seems most appropriate to them...

Like: my experience, why I like it, role models, how to get involved, 
how to learn more about editing,, how to connect with other women... etc...

Will see what can do this weekend...

Cm in DC

_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to