> Any thoughts on having a gender gap or women's outreach IRC channel?
>
> I think it'd be nice to have an open hang out for those interested (of
> any
> gender) to participate in not only conversation, but, have live action
> dialogue about articles of concern and so forth.
>
> Or is that opening a can of worms that shouldn't be opened?
>
> I like the idea, but, if it'd be just me sitting in a room by
> myself...that'd be no fun!
>
> -Sarah

Well, it is an excellent opportunity to talk without thinking and get
into trouble, but as I seldom bother with IRC, I would generally be a
no-show. I would go ahead, but unless a regular crew of women shows up it
will be a bust.

I think we have to get over the idea that bringing up some issue is
canvassing. It would be if there was an enforceable demand that each of
us take a particular action, but as experience shows, social pressure
does not get you far on Wikipedia.

Fred


_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to