On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Fred Bauder <[email protected]> wrote:
> Well, it is an excellent opportunity to talk without thinking and get > into trouble, but as I seldom bother with IRC, I would generally be a > no-show. I would go ahead, but unless a regular crew of women shows up it > will be a bust. > > Again, the point is to encourage dialogue and partnership with all genders. I'm quite impressed with how diverse IRC actually is. And if you're not participating, then you need not worry ;) It's also another tool for female editors to utilize, and once you show people how to use IRC (I hadn't used it in over 10 years, until yesterday, and all I needed was a little guidance), it's just another place for people to have community. I just think it'd be cool to have a place called home for those of us interested. Just like we have this mailing list (which seems rather male dominated, too!). :) Sarah -- GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for the Wikimedia Foundation<http://www.glamwiki.org> Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch> and Sarah Stierch Consulting *Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.* ------------------------------------------------------ http://www.sarahstierch.com/
_______________________________________________ Gendergap mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
