That was one theory behind my original intention (that I failed to mention).
Provide a hang out spot (which I did mention) and not just limit ourselves
to an occasional 1 hour office spot. I'm happy to see a gender-related
office hour event take place (I hope it does happen as the strategic plan
goodness proceeds), but my only fear is that it will limit peoples
participation who might want to have a little corner of the IRC world to
call our own on a regular basis.

Why not both? :)   I did have a few other folks +1 this idea via IRC!

#wikimedia-gendergap

(and Steven I'll still take you up on some IRC coaching for my n00bness)

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM, ChaoticFluffy <[email protected]>wrote:

> I'd be on board for a gendergap channel. I'm nearly always on IRC, and I've
> love the opportunity to coach new women or just chat with old gendergap
> types of both sexes. Office hours-style meetings are less attractive to me,
> as they're nearly always chaotic enough to be almost useless.
>
> -Fluffernutter
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Sarah Stierch <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts on having a gender gap or women's outreach IRC channel?
>>
>> I think it'd be nice to have an open hang out for those interested (of any
>> gender) to participate in not only conversation, but, have live action
>> dialogue about articles of concern and so forth.
>>
>> Or is that opening a can of worms that shouldn't be opened?
>>
>> I like the idea, but, if it'd be just me sitting in a room by
>> myself...that'd be no fun!
>>
>> -Sarah
>>
>> --
>> GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for the Wikimedia 
>> Foundation<http://www.glamwiki.org>
>> Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American 
>> Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
>> and
>> Sarah Stierch Consulting
>> *Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*
>> ------------------------------------------------------
>> http://www.sarahstierch.com/
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gendergap mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gendergap mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
>
>


-- 
GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for the Wikimedia
Foundation<http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American
Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
and
Sarah Stierch Consulting
*Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sarahstierch.com/
_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to