Sent from my iPad

> On 2 Mar 2018, at 14:59, PJ Fanning <fannin...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Apache POI is used by Apache Tika and Apache SOLR.
> The XmlBeans build is pretty complicated and outdated and changing its
> package names is going to be fairly hard (in short, XmlBeans is used to
> autogenerate some of the code shipped in XmlBeans).
The question was not who uses POI, but who would also (if any) use XmlBeans.

The beauty of my proposal is that you do not need to change naming or other
stuff. You simply put it in your codebase in a separate directory. The reason
is that you do not release XmlBeans, you release POI containing (not using, as
you have been doing) XmlBeans.

In case you want to restart the project, you need to change name as well as go
through the process of asking to be a TLP.

rgds
jan i