Going through the incubator makes sense. I would probably be champion and a
mentor, and given the experience of the project members, there’s not much
Apache Way to be taught. We can complete the necessary admin tasks (IP check,
name search, etc.) and make a release via the Incubator.

In the incubation proposal [1], DB would be the Sponsoring Entity. Per the
proposal template, the DB PMC would need to vote whether to sponsor.

Julian

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/New+Podling+Proposal