Hello Community,

Wow, so much going on this month I'm not sure what to lead with… but I've got
to go with this:

MarkLogic 9 released!
MarkLogic 9.0-1.1 is now available for download from
http://developer.marklogic.com/products. To learn about it, you can get the
white
paper<http://developer.marklogic.com/media/white-paper/whats-new-in-marklogic-9.pdf>,
 read the summary blog
post<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/announcing-ml9>, or take MarkLogic
University's self-paced What's New in MarkLogic
9?<http://www.marklogic.com/training-courses/whats-new-marklogic-9/> course.
Lots of great new features around data integration, security, and
manageability, as well as improvements to existing features.

MarkLogic World
MarkLogic World 2017 in Chicago and Tokyo were great events: well-attended,
with great discussions among MarkLogic staff, partners, and customers. London,
keep the momentum going June 12-14! Business & technical talks, expert 1:1
sessions, MLU classes, and hands-on workshops make this event worth attending.
You can follow the action on Twitter with
#mlw17<https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLW17>.

There are still some spots left for the hands-on
workshops<http://www.cvent.com/events/marklogic-world-2017-london/custom-35-2f1f975f18ef436e9543f330d5942568.aspx?RefID=World_london>
 in London (Multi-model in Action with Search, Semantics, and SQL; Integrating
Your Data with the MarkLogic Data Hub Framework; and Protecting Sensitive
Information with New MarkLogic Security Features). Be sure to sign up ahead of
time to reserve your spot!

Community Projects -- Migration
MarkLogic has had a number of open source projects hosted in GitHub for years.
As more of the company's official projects are now being built there (such as
the Java Client API, MarkLogic Content Pump, and others), we've decided to
migrate community-driven projects from https://github.com/marklogic to
https://github.com/marklogic-community. By doing so, it will be easier to see
which projects are company-supported and which are community-supported. (You
can also look for the Support notice in a project's README file.) I plan to
migrate projects during June & July — if you have questions or concerns about
this, please contact me.

Community Projects — Releases

  *   MarkLogic Data Hub
Framework<https://github.com/marklogic/marklogic-data-hub>, v1.1.3 (for
MarkLogic 8) and v2.0.0-beta.1 (for MarkLogic 9)
  *   mlxprs<https://github.com/mikrovvelle/mlxprs> — a Visual Studio extension
for MarkLogic. This is pretty new, so please check it out and file issues or
pull requests on GitHub to help advance the project.

New Book
Building on Multi-Model Databases: How to Manage Multiple Schemas Using a
Single
Platform<http://info.marklogic.com/building-on-multimodel-databases.html> by
Pete Aven and Diane Burley is now available as a free book from O'Reilly. Check
it out and see what they have to say about simplifying your data management.

MarkLogic Jobs
In addition to openings at
MarkLogic<http://www.marklogic.com/company/careers/career-opportunities/#all/all>,
 our partners and customers are looking for MarkLogic talent. Here are a few
openings:

  *   David Robinson of Consolpartners.com is looking for a MarkLogic Developer
in Los
Angeles<https://www.indeed.com/cmp/ConSol-Partners/jobs/Marklogic-Nosql-Developer-49efb1c151e82ff0?q=Marklogic+Developer>.
  *   Sudhakar Teegala of OpenLogix is looking for a MarkLogic Lead in
Pennsylvania for a long-term contract. Contact him at steeg...@openlogix.co for
details.
  *   Chandrasekhar Arakala needs MarkLogic Consultants in Rockville, MD, but
says remote work is possible. Contact chan...@acentle.com.
  *   Anthony Aakre needs a MarkLogic DBA in the Washington, DC area. TS/SCI
required. Contact aaa...@loyalsource.com.

Recruiters — if you'd like me to include your MarkLogic-related openings in
this newsletter, send them to me before the first of each month.

Dave.

--
Dave Cassel, @dmcassel<https://twitter.com/dmcassel>
Technical Community Manager