Hmm...

of course, http://www.jsoftware.com/stable.htm says feedback should go
in the beta forum rather than the general forum, so technically we are
off on the wrong foot.

I agree that the install instructions for OSX do not seem adequate.

I am using OSX Yosemite, and once I had dragged j64-804 to my home
directory, and verified that jconsole would work, I stalled:

(*) jqt would shut down silently immediately on selecting "Open" from
the green J's icon (I think the first time I tried it I got a "this
has been downloaded, are you sure?" message).
(*) jhs and jbrk have no "Open" option.
(*) jcon's icon, when I use it gives me: "jconsole" can't be opened
because CoreServicesUIAgent is not allowed to open documents in
Terminal.

I then ran the "updateqt.sh" script, which required my password. After
doing so, the "Open" option vanished from the green J icon's menu.
But, jhs and jbrk then had open menu options which did not work.

But after that, jhs worked.  (Or at least, jhs.command brought up a
command window which complained about the socket being in use - after
I shut down the j803 jhs instance, jhs 804 worked fine).

But now the "Open" option has vanished from jbrk.

I would guess that this level of quirkiness reflects internal
conflicts in Apple's software. I can hope that we can come up with a
consistent and simple approach for dealing with whatever is happening
here, but I am not confident right now in the repeatability of any of
this.

That said, from the command line, at this point, in Terminal, this
happens consistently:

$ open ~/j64-804/jqt.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file
/Users/rauldmiller/j64-804/jqt.app

I can also open jcon.app from Terminal without issue - it's only from
the gui that it fails.

I hope this helps. (And I apologize for not sending a copy of this to jbeta.)

Thanks,

--
Raul