This is the expected behaviour.

If you already have a slim version, then install 'qtide' just reinstalls
slim. It is only when jqt is not already installed (i.e. install from zip),
that install 'qtide' will default to full. I will update the instructions
to make this clear.

The AIO's include Jqt, so you should not need to run install 'qtide'. Where
do the instructions say this is needed?