Just to confirm -

Your user folder can be anywhere you like.

Your scripts should be in project folders, which can also be anywhere
you like. By default there is a "projects" folder under user, but you
don't need to use that.

These can be changed without reinstalling or affecting the binaries.
Update the profile to set the user folder, and use
Edit|Configure|Folders to set project folders.