> We should probably use a template engine. I'm sure there's a python
> equivalent for something like velocity (or smarty).

First, I like the dynamic 'tree of nodes' based approach to writing
HTML/XML, rather than template -- in the main because of pleasant
experiences with the Perl modules for this in the past. That said, even
though there are some huge fields here (build output logs) maybe a template
mechanism is enough for the simple structure (results tables, lists, etc.)
that we have. We have huge pages, with options missing (or not) based off
content. I'm not sure any template could cope with that, but I am open
minded to it.

Second, I didn't realize that Python DOM had nice serialization mechanism.
Maybe I should've used that from the start.

Now Gump generates it's xdocs using an object tree structure. Watching the
python memory grow from 20M (after loading all XML) to 136M (during
generating these pages) it has some sort of leak (actual or effective):

Fixing this area is clearly important, and I'd appreciate all insights...

regards,