> > > Now Gump generates it's xdocs using an object tree structure. Watching
> the
> > > python memory grow from 20M (after loading all XML) to 136M (during
> > > generating these pages) it has some sort of leak (actual or effective)
> >
> > ouch! Maybe it would pay off to use pipelining (you know, SAX, stuff)
> > instead of DOM to generate the object tree.
>
> I wonder if it is some sort of circular dependency (amonst the objects) so
> when I destroy a tree (by pointing the variable to a new one) I wonder if
it
> truely gets destroyed. I know the DOM has an unlink() method for some good
> reason, along these lines.
>
> There is so much thrown up into memory, more with translations to try to
> cope with character sets (and binary junk) and such. I no longer believe
> that any is being thrown away when I mean it to be...

Adding an unlink() to the tree, and calling it, seems to keep memory usage
down to 36M and not 136M. Seems Python needs a hand in recognizing when
things are no longer used.

BTW: It seems I've persuaded forrest to play happily again by removing the
'dependency path' (from cause to project) that I'd added. No clue why, but
whatever.

Gump ran on LSD last night, although it still took a long long time.
However, we are closer to normal again & able to install on Apache hardware
as a valid test.

regards,