On Tuesday 30 November 2004 20:18, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2004, at 6:19 AM, Eric Pugh wrote:
> > Geir's email highlights a very clear issue with the whole
> > deprecation/version cycle.  He can't switch to log4j until it releases.
> > They don't want to keep deprecated code around for forever.
>
> I'm not asking for forever.  Just one version... even a short lived
> one...
>
> My take away lesson is really more of a reaffirmation - don't depend on
> outside things if you can help it...

Log4J has otherwise been very generous with having deprecated code around, but
when I asked explicitly if this was a chagne for 1.3 and whether that means
that everyone who uses RFA have to change the config files, I got from Ceki
the answer; "Yes" to those two questions.
Very strange change of attitude, and I don't know why this is happening.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.dpml.net       /