"Stefan Bodewig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Log:
>> Fix URL to be in archive.  Does that make sense at all?
>>
>> Modified:
>>     gump/metadata/project/ws-wsif.xml
>
> The ws-wsif project in Gump builds exactly the same classes as the
> ws-soap project but doesn't publish a jar at all.
>
> This just doesn't seem right - or if it is correct then the project
> could be removed from Gump because it is redundant.

+1 to remove it.  Of the few non-building projects, is looks like several
are dead.  Hopefully Jetty will build some day, but it is an M2 project, so
not much that we can do on the Gump side.  Ditto Jline.  The nlog4j project
just seems abandoned (since it won't even come close to compile with the
re-structured slf4j).  The asn1-codec project would be have to changed to be
an M2 project, but since the projects it is blocking are also M2, there
isn't much point.  Village is waiting on finding a home again.
Hivemind-compile might be worth making an M2, but it only has a few
dependants.  I've been trying to clean up ws-commons, but so far with little
success.

On the plus side, I tried checking out Maven 2.1 over the weekend.  It
wouldn't even come close to building, but the structure looks a lot more
Gump-friendly.  There may be hope to support M2 builds yet :).