On 21/09/2009, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-09-21, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > On 21/09/2009, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>  >> On 2009-09-19, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >>> JMeter currently depends on some legacy Excalibur modules:
>
>  >>> excalibur-datasource-1.1.1.jar
>  >>> excalibur-i18n-1.1.jar
>  >>> excalibur-instrument-1.0.jar
>  >>> excalibur-logger-1.1.jar
>  >>> excalibur-pool-1.2.jar
>

>  >> We used to provide some of them as "packaged projects" until last Friday
>  >>  when I removed all packages that weren't used by Ant or Maven 1 built
>  >>  projects.  It shouldn't be too difficult to add them back, but the
>  >>  effect would be the same as using <work> so I'd say stick with <work>.
>

>  > Surely <work> requires that the package be stored within SVN?
>

> Absolutely.  If your goal is to get rid off the jars in svn, then we
>  will have to provide those as packaged projects.

Yes, I am removing the files from SVN.
The Ant build script now has a download target to fetch the files.

>  Do you require all four of them?  The old excalibur-legacy project had
>  i18n-1.1 and instrument-1.0, the others should still be available as
>  Gump-built projects.

Just found that it don't require i18n, but JMeter does need the others.
It uses Excalibur pooling, so needs:

excalibur-datasource-1.1.1.jar
excalibur-instrument-1.0.jar
excalibur-pool-1.2.jar
excalibur-logger-1.1.jar (I think)

It also uses Avalon logging, so needs:
excalibur-logger-1.1.jar

I could perhaps replace Excalibur pooling with Commons Pool, but I've
not looked at that recently.