On 10 January 2011 20:26, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 January 2011 12:23, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2011-01-09, sebb wrote:
>>
>>> Strange problem trying to test JMeter:
>>
>>> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/jakarta-jmeter/jakarta-jmeter-test/gump_work/build_jakarta-jmeter_jakarta-jmeter-test.html
>>
>>> The test cannot find the class org/apache/xpath/XPathAPI
>>
>>> Yet the compile works, and the classpath is almost identical (the
>>> differences don't contain xpath jars).
>>
>> Your tests are in a forked VM, right?  It looks as if the forked VM
>> wouldn't see the same CLASSPATH as Ant itself.
>>
>>> What is even odder, I've scanned all the jars in the build classpath,
>>> and XPathAPI does not appear there either, yet the sources refer to it
>>> and build OK.
>>
>> It likely is part of xalan.jar which is present in -Xbootclaspath but
>> not CLASSPATH.
>
> Thanks! Yes, that seems to be the case.
>
> Tests work outside Gump because in that case all the dependencies are
> present in the lib/ directory.
>
> I'm not sure why the tests use fork - it appears to have been that way for
> ages.
> They seem to work OK with fork=no, so I'll try that with Gump.

Actually, they don't work OK - they don't fail, but they don't run any tests ...

It's going to be difficult to rework the tests to not use fork, so I
now need to ensure that the classpath has the appropriate
dependencies.

How does one add Xalan to the build classpath?
The JMeter project depends on Xalan, but it does not seem to get added
to the classpath, only the bootclasspath.