On 2011-01-13, sebb wrote:

> On 10 January 2011 20:26, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10 January 2011 12:23, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> It likely is part of xalan.jar which is present in -Xbootclaspath but
>>> not CLASSPATH.

> How does one add Xalan to the build classpath?  The JMeter project
> depends on Xalan, but it does not seem to get added to the classpath,
> only the bootclasspath.

It should be going into the forked VM's bootclasspath via Ant's
build.sysclasspath.  If this is not the case then something inside Ant
has been broken.

Right now I don't have the time to follow this through.  I suspect newer
OpenJDKs no longer use the system property "sun.boot.class.path" but
rather something new without "sun" in its name to provide the
bootclasspath to the running application.  If so Ant's
Path.systemBootClasspath ends up empty and can't be propagated to the
forked VM.  Ant would need to get fixed which in turn should fix the
Gump build (likely Forrest's as well) since Gump uses Ant's trunk.

I don't know when I'll have the cycles to confirm my suspicion, sorry.