Hi all,

I'd like to reach out to the PMCs that in some way seem to have used
Gump - for some of them it is quite possible they haven't added their
projects themselves.  In a first step I'd like to gauge interest, I'm a
bit unsure whether I should point out they'd need to help out if they
intend to keep Gump running at this point.

The PMCs to contact would be

APR
ActiveMQ
Ant
Camel
Cocoon
Commons
Creadur
Directory
Forrest
HTTP Components
HTTPd
JMeter
James
Lenya
Logging
Lucene
POI
Portals
Tapestry
Tika
Tomcat
Turbine
Velocity
Webservices
XML Graphics
Xalan
Xerces

here is a quick draft of what I'd send out:

Dear FOO PMC

Apache Gump builds some of your projects and it is quite possible you
don't know or have by now forgotten about it.

More than half a year ago a technical problem has forced us to turn off
emails on build failures as we would have been sending out lots of false
alarms.

Before we re-enable emails we'd like to know whether you are still
interested in the service Gump provides, so please tell us. :-)

Metadata for many projects have been neglected for a long time and it is
quite possible they'd need some love for results to be meaningful.  All
Apache committers have write access to Gump's metadata.