Garrett Rooney wrote:
I believe there were a few people from outside the Lucene PMC who
volunteered (Paul Querna did, and perhaps some others), it seems
useful to get people from other parts of the ASF involved, just to
encourage cross pollination of ideas.

That would be great. I did not understand these as offers to mentor, but rather as interest in becoming Solr developers. If they're in fact offers to help mentor, then I encourage interested Incubator PMC members to add themselves to the proposal on the wiki.

Doug