Noel J. Bergman wrote:
  (a) you should identify the additional ASF folks,
      and get them down either as comitters and/or
      Mentors.  Was there a reason for excluding
      them from the proposal?

None whatsoever. If their statements of willingness to help meant that they'd like to be initial committers or mentors, that's fine with me. I just did not understand them that way.

  (b) the Lucene PMC should be voting to sponsor
      the project for Incubation, including making
      sure that Mentors are all lined up.

The Lucene PMC has already voted in favor of this. Erik noted that around the original proposal. The incubation documentation only mentions a single mentor, so we thought that was covered too. But we're open to more mentors and more initial committers.

Doug