On Aug 1, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 12:36 -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
Brian,

Just as in JCP, OASIS or W3C the real work happens on private channels,
that said we are in
the process of creating public pages, from which to link user and
feedback lists for anyone to
read, access and interact with the working group.

Correction: W3C working groups do *all* technical work in public mailing
lists that are open to all.

That change occurred probably 5+ years ago.

Umm, I don't think so.  As a TAG member, I encountered many discussions
that were in members-only areas, and they are still going on (XML Schema, for example). The TAG would refuse to participate in any such discussion,
which often required permissions be obtained to move comments from a
private forum to a public one.  W3C decisions are all made in public.
Maybe you are referring to working groups that have been initiated in
the past five years?

....Roy