On 5/30/07, Carl Trieloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
behind this practice. If the mail to root has to be cc-ed to general
list and PPMC  and has 3 PMC votes on it then it would seem to me that
it could be send by anyone.

I can only think of one reason: [EMAIL PROTECTED] is not accessible to
PPMC members that are not IPMC members. If the commiter acceptance
vote is held in private, there is no way for a PPMC member to provide
a link to that vote.

That said, I think letting PPMC members send the message to root is
great for educational purposes and lets the podling integrate more
into Apache ways.

Martijn

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org