Daniel Kulp wrote:
On Monday 18 February 2008, Paul Querna wrote:
in a private list does not accord with *our way of
working*, I think. And I don't think there is any need to use a
private, unarchived list for discussions on infrastructure
improvements.
infrastructure is open to all committers.
infrastructure-dev is open to all committers.
infrastructure-private is open to all members.

All of them are archived.

None of them are available to see at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/

Thus, they look pretty private to me.

They are not available on the public web interface, the archives are available to all committers on people.apache.org.

"private" is an interesting choice of words, but I personally don't consider them very private with 1600++ committers having access.

Should some or all of them be available on the web interface? I'm not sure, but bring it up on the infrastructure lists.

-Paul