On 04/22/09 10:35, sebb wrote:
On 16/04/2009, Shanti Subramanyam - PAE <shanti.subraman...@sun.com> wrote:
On 04/15/09 18:15, sebb wrote:

On 16/04/2009, Shanti Subramanyam <shanti.subraman...@sun.com> wrote:

Thank you very much for your very prompt review.
 Answers to your questions below.

 Shanti

 sebb wrote:

The OlioDriver.jar file contains a smaller OlioDriver.jar file.
This is very confusing; one of the jars should be renamed.

 This is the format of the Faban (http://faban.sunsource.net) Driver jar
-
the user never has to do anything with it as the tool will automatically
unjar and put everything in it's right place.

The binary olio file contains several .patch and .diff files. These
don't seem correct for a binary file. What is their purpose?

 These files are part of the 3rd party plugin fixture_replacement2.
Since we
tend to include 3rd party code as is (for easier upgrade),  I think it
might
be better to leave them as they are.

But why are they in the binary rails jar, rather than in just the source
jar?

 There is no difference between the source and binary code for rails (or php
for that matter) since these are interpreted languages. The only difference
between the source and binary packages of Olio is the geocoder and workload
- these are written in Java so the binary packages have the OlioDriver.jar
and geocoder.jar and the source packages have the corresponding source dirs.

That does not explain why the diffs and patch files are present in the
binary jar, because as far as I can tell they are not intended to be
interpreted by rails.

Are they actually *needed* at run-time?

I really don't know. As I said, there is no concept of 'binary' for scripting languages - the source is the binary. I will try and investigate this matter for the next release if it's not a major problem to leave them here for now.

The source PHP file contains several jars; I would expect these to be
in the binary archive only. It also contains the file "event.pdf"
which does not seem to belong in the archive (or indeed in SVN).

 These are third-party jars. They are included as a convenience to make
it
easier to build and run the source.

What about the event.pdf file?

 This is a resource file used by the web application. If you notice there
are several image files as well - these are all static files used by the web
app.

What about the license for the event.pdf file? Is that also AL licensed?

All the resource files are created as part of the apache project, so they are all Apache licensed.

 Shanti

 Thanks
 Shanti