On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 16:47, Noel J. Bergman <n...@devtech.com> wrote:
> Kevan Miller wrote:
>
>> IIRC, the issue involved the notion of "partial committers" in subversion
>> There were objections over the notion of "partial committers", not about
> the individual.
>
> <<shrug>> There are other instances of such things, such as httpd-docs
> (IIUC), and I don't see a problem with it where a project feels it makes
> sense.

Our project thought it did make sense, but the busy-bodies and rules
pedants got all in our face.

Every message that I've seen from you today, Noel, is "gee. everything
is operating just fine. just like it should. oversight is everything,
and we need to do that, so I'm not going to listen to any suggestion
of fixing anything or restructuring anything."

Every. Message.

Your head is in the sand. The Incubator is a broken process. Everybody
hates it. Everybody wants to get out of it. Subversion was fortunate
in that we had enough support to bully our way through, to route
around damage, and to check everything off the list rapidly. Whoever
said it before: if we *didn't* have that fortunate fact behind us,
then our approach to the ASF would have been very very different.

-g