It seems to me that the proposed new scheme will take quite a bit of
setting up. There is some writing to do. More to the point, if I were
the board, I would want to pilot the new scheme for some time before
tearing down the existing incubator. All of this looks to me like more
than 2 months.

A trial balloon: the board appoints Chris to run a PMC to set this up
and try it out -- with the intention of being a short-lived
phenomenon. Meanwhile, Noel or I or some other nominee continue to
make the best of the incubator as we have it, including the gradual
modifications pushed by Sam and Joe. If the board eventually decides
that the ipmc is entirely obviated by the membership and comdev, we'll
hire a bagpiper for the closing ceremony. If it turns out that a small
IPMC providing support and assistance to 'probationary projects' is
desired, we'll go on a diet.

I just don't think it is realistic to imagine that in 60 days from
some near-term board meeting, we can set up this new plan, debug it,
and transition the existing clutch. While this can't avoid ending up
as electioneering, I don't think it a good idea to simply appoint an
IPMC chairman who is focussed like a laser beam on this restructuring
to the exclusion of making the best of what we're currently doing.