Hi Greg...

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 29, 2012 7:32 AM, "Mohammad Nour El-Din" <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Greg...
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > They remain.
> > >
> > > Keeping them is the right thing for our community and product. That is
> our
> > > determination, and is our Right.
> > >

> > That is what we are trying to figure out here, and that is why we have
> this
> > discussion :)
> > Again and as I started in one of my earlier e-mails, no one is trying to
> > impose anything on Sqoop or any other project,
>
> What? I've seen people say the vote should be canceled, that Sqoop needs to
> yank the code, etc. Those are most certainly impositions.

I was talking about myself actually here and, sorry for the confusion.

But even everybody has freedom to express there *opinions* and *ideas* we
are not gods here, so even if some people said that the vote should be
cancelled that does not mean it is cancelled or it will be cancelled
immediately or in the future, it is still a *discussion* after all.

> This is no mere "discussion"; it is some number of people attempting to
> impose some unstated policy upon Sqoop before "allowing" them to graduate.

> > I gave it more thought and IMO, I think we should raise the issue to the
> > Board to get to some results,
>
> Raise what issue? I have not seen a statement of the problem, other than
> "projects sometimes deem it necessary to use package names in addition to
> org.apache". But I don't see the problem in that. Could you at least
> explain here before bringing a question to the Board? If it is legal in
> nature, then it should go to legal-discuss.

You got this point wrong, I am not saying to raise an issue immediately,
what I am saying is that we discuss that before raising it as an issue to
the board *if any*.

For the legal-discuss I believe it is a good idea to bring  that to them as
well. I believe the more input we get the clearer things are.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour