On 29/02/12 13:07, Alex Karasulu wrote:

[snip]
There is no legal (trademark or copyright) problem that I'm aware of. There
is no technical problem that I'm aware of.

OK do we have the right to create any kind of package or class under
com.cloudera (or any other companies packages)?
This is a red-herring in my view: no packages or classes are being created if a project leaves a compatibility layer in place. The class/package names are merely not being deleted. Presuming that the original code was part of the inceptional code grant, one can conclude that the company in question doesn't mind their namespace being used by ASF projects *for that purpose*.

Ian