On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> The link is the right one ( https://github.com/rmannibucau/json-impl ).
> Created it yesterday so community is small ATM ;).
>
> Initial developpers are the one intended to get perms on the asf repo, did
> I misunderstand?
>
> If we make it a subproject of G or TomEE this will never be used outside of
> these containers which would be sad. Take for instance specs jar of
> geronimo, they are only used by very few people but actually could be used
> by all EE users.

I'm agree with Romain on above comment,

1.)  In my POV JSON processing became/becoming a core technology for
Java ( both EE and SE) not just limited  to EE servers hence
maintaining as a separate project with less dependencies ( right now
it's 1 - AntLR) greatly improve chance of wide adoption.

2.) Right now main focus is on JSON-P spec but there is an indication
about JSON-B ( Java API for JSON Binding )  spec is also coming,
probably this project can incorporate JSON-B as well in future. In my
POV this should be the JSON related project at Apache.

3.) Current community size is a matter but I believe that is why
project founders bring this project to Apache incubator attract and
build healthy  community.

4.) Having said above we always have a chance to determine the project
future during the graduation whether project make a TLP or will be a
part of existing TLP. In my POV graduation is the best check point for
this than incubator entrance.

Thanks !

> I expect more or less the same level of activatity as on bval, ie active
> when a new spec is here (if we exclude bootstrap) and maintenance period
> without that much activity.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> Romain,
>>
>> Can you add a link to the existing github sources?  Or is the one
>> mentioned later on what's intended?  Doesn't seem like a big community
>> thus far, but more on that...  The current code base (if accurate)
>> only has a single contributor yet you list 5 initial developers.
>>
>> I'll also point out that the developers are split between Tomitribe,
>> Irianian (Maybe I need to look at one of Gerhard's recent emails to
>> make sure I spelt that right) and Independent.  You also note that
>> it's not going to be very active.  Should this perhaps be a
>> sub-project of TomEE or Geronimo rather than its own project?
>>
>> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Justing,
>> >
>> > thanks for the catch! I updated the page and added yourself as Mentor.
>> >
>> > About the name any proposition is welcomed. I though to "brace" BTW.
>> >

>> > Romain Manni-Bucau
>> > Twitter: @rmannibucau
>> > Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
>> > LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau