Hi JB

We will be centralizing the administration and auditing for Knox. And we will
be also standardizing the authentication for web applications for all
components within Hadoop ecosystem, for which we might consider Shiro. I would
like to understand more about Syncope and see how production ready it is...

The principle is to leverage existing security solutions where applicable. Even
within Hadoop complex eco-system, each components have limited or no security
controls. Instead of re-inventing everything, we will extend the core component
security capabilities and add where needed. So the security is uniform, plug
able and scalable.

Providing a layered security along with central administration and auditing
capabilities will enhance the security, usability, enterprise integration,
compliance, etc. which will lead to more adoption of Apache Hadoop and projects
working within its eco system.

Regards

Bosco

`
On Jul 16, 2014, at 12:12 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it looks interesting.
>
> Do you have an idea about the interactions with other projects (Knox, Shiro,
> Syncope, whatever) ?
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> --