On 25 September 2014 19:19, Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Stian,

> If you need a mentor, count me in. I actively contribute to Apache Airavata,
> and will be happy to bring our experiences from a similar journey. Infact
> Ross queried on airavata lists few years ago about potential taverna move to
> airavata/apache(Ross mentioned it further in this thread), good to see
> finally its happening. Integrating plugin community into the apache project
> (once its voted in) seems to be a low hanging fruit to diversify.

Very interesting to have you in as a mentor - it will be exciting to
also look at working together with Airavata.

> David questions are right on. Two things you may want to consider addressing
> before you call for a vote are: listing of non-apache compatible license in
> the proposal and having adequate rights to change the license to Apache V2.

I have added a link to these at the end of
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal#External_Dependencies

I have added a sentence to make it explicit that we can change the
license at the end of
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal#Source_and_Intellectual_Property_Submission_Plan

> Not a blocker for the proposal and voting, but a blocker for importing the
> code will be to have on file the University signed CCLA/SGA to donate the
> code.

The lawyers have told me some time ago that they have signed the CCLA
- which I needed for a contribution to Apache CXF - I am not sure
where on Apache.org to check for the list of CCLA signatures as only
individual signatures seems to be listed.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science