On 23/12/14 22:25, Ted Dunning wrote:

> I think that the time was well spent, but one of the three mentors was
> total AWOL during this process.  Being absent during crucial discussions

If a mentor can't show up at the beginning of the project, when things
are being discussed, why is s/he a mentor in the first place?

I can sympathize with the mentor that starts out, genuinely useful to a
podling, but after several months, suffers side-effects from life, and
consequently has to limit their interaction with the podling.

>it isn't politic to ask a high profile mentor to recuse
themselves for lack of helping.

Unless I've completely misunderstood The Apache Way, a mentor that
doesn't help, and does not recuse themselves, is a mentor that is
demonstrating their despoilment of The Apache Way.
As such, they should be thrown off the list of mentors, regardless of
the political consequences.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English