Hello,

TinkerPop3 is a complete re-write of TinkerPop2 and TP3 does not depend on TP2
in any way. TP3 was started November 2013 (1+ year ago). We have CLAs for every
TP3 contributor. We do not have CLAs for every TP2 contributor.

We are primarily interested in moving forward first with TinkerPop3 migration
for the following reasons:
        1. It will be the easiest to deal with legally (we have CLAs).
        2. It is the most pressing release -- its expected release date is
early 2014.
        3. TP2 is in maintenance mode and thus, not a big concern for the
community moving forward.

However, once we get TP3 setup with ASF and can get out TP3.GA (we are
currently at 3.0.0.M7), we will turn our attention towards migrating TP2.

Thanks,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com