On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> In contrast, from a legal standpoint, a signed Software Grant doesn't change
> much when the codebase is already under the ALv2.  (Quite possibly it has zero
> effect but I'd need to ask a lawyer about the text of the Software Grant
> form to confirm that.)

That has always been my understanding as well. That said, while not blocking
Groovy entrance into the incubator, is there any way we can get an official
blessing from somebody on legal@ and document this edge case?

> For Groovy, I agree with Benson.  We already have sufficient informal evidence
> that the Groovy community at large has granted social approval for the move to
> Apache.  The software grant does not change much about the legal status of the
> codebase.  Let's not get hung up on who has to sign it.

+1 to this. It feels to me we have a consensus here for Groovy to proceed.

Thanks,
Roman.