> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:47 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Le 16/07/15 10:41, Justin Mclean a écrit :
>>> Hi,

>>> If you read carefully I think you find there were 3 -1 votes on the binary
>>> releases.
>>
>> True. I -1 the binary release. Interesting case : should we release if
>> we have as many -1 than +1 ?
>
> Personally, I'm disappointed in the podling for not taking
> care of feedback that seems really easy to take care of.

Again, saying we don't take this seriously is at best an error and
honestly unfair. We take it very seriously and I am very disappointed
that you think we don't.
If you look at the commits, you will see that we started fixing those
issues *before* the release vote was finished. We *deserved* a release
for the community and *it was critical*. The
reasons why were explained on private@, and we could *not* afford
another 2x72 voting period + 24h mitigation period, that could also
potentially fail the IPMC vote (yes, because despite
the fact that we fixed all issues reported for our first trial, the
second had undetected errors too). Also, why having rules for votes if
you don't follow them? Like it or not, it passed the vote.

Not releasing would not have been serious, and we could have missed
the short timeframe we have given the vacations of the team.
It's also unfair because we took *very seriously* the comments for the
first attempt of the release, a few weeks ago, and fixed *all of them*
(and did even more than what you asked us to do).
So I think our community deserved that release more than having the
perfect L&N files (especially because as we said, the License file
contains more, but not less, than required), and as
Paul said, all jars produces *do* have them.

> That's my strong expectation as well. If we're doing this whole
> mentoring thing -- lets do it right.

I sincerely hope my position is understood this time.