On 7/17/15, 3:09 AM, "Emmanuel Lécharny" <elecha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>that would not change anything. What makes things complicated is
>> points of human interaction in the middle of the release process. That
>> won't be different with a better tuned CI
>I'm puzzled. Cédric said in a previous mail that before being an Apache
>podling, releasing was just a matter of a couple of hours and very few
>human interaction. What makes it so more complex in an Apache
>environement ?

From my personal experience, before Apache you could ship anything you
want and if someone found an IP issue, you would fix it after you shipped.
 At Apache, the rules are more stringent (no binaries, L&N in jars), and
you get shamed for not catching stuff when there is no clear process for
catching that stuff.

In the end, it is necessary since clean IP is important to Apache and your
customers, but it isn’t efficient while you go through the cleaning up
process, especially in the incubator if your mentors don’t apply the same
level of scrutiny that will occur when the greater IPMC does its scrutiny.
 Our mentors never scrutinized our binaries and we are only now as a TLP
cleaning those up.

And if folks are interested in other stories about release process
inefficiency, I will write to some Cordova folks off-list and ask them to
add their thoughts to this thread.

-Alex