On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:

> Nitpicking time.
>
> Your supposedly vendor-neutral web site says:
> "GridGain Community Edition is a binary build of Apache Ignite created
> by GridGain, which includes optional LGPL dependencies, such as
> Hibernate L2 cache integration and Geospatial Indexing. It benefits from
> continued testing by GridGain engineers and may contain latest bug fixes
> and features that will be included into the future official Apache
> Ignite releases."
>
> - I consider this very biased towards a single company (especially
> considering it is the _only_ 3rd party listed, and you do _not_ specify
> how other 3rd parties may get listed on the page).

Good point. I have added text specifying how other companies can provide
their community editions for Apache Ignite.

You start off by saying you don't endorse it, and then you praise it - it's
> either or.

We started out by providing just a blank link, but it became very confusing
to our users, and we allowed GridGain to add a brief description.

I have just updated the text of the description to strip it out of anything
other than facts. I don't think it conflicts with Ignite not officially
endorsing this edition.

> Your web site also lists the organizational affiliation of PMC members.
> While this may be useful internally in the ASF, I fail to see why this
> is mentioned on the web site. This should have no relevance to the
> project whatsoever.

Although I see your point, I don't think it's harmful one way or another.
All the community members voluntarily and willingly provided their company
affiliation.

> You point to gridgain.org for several of your documentation segments,
> this is also not acceptable.

This is not on purpose. The documentation was initially migrated from
GridGain and some old links might have sneaked in.

I cannot find any places with gridgain.org links you are referencing. Can
you please point those out, so I can quickly fix them?