Hmm...

Also, if you look at the JIRA in question, the question of what is
happening is also not resovled:

There are no comments, nor any linkage to the commit history.

This could definitely be improved.  It is important to take the course
that Julian has done and see the project as an outsider would.  Can
this hypothetical outsider decipher what happened?

It sounds from Julian and Brane's input that the mailing list works
for this, but that there is no good way to correlate that back to the
code.  I would be happy to be contradicted on this, but I can't easily
connect starting from the JIRA to the commit logs.

This should be easy to fix.