For me, the key, nay brilliant, terms in the Maturity Model are about
"striving."

The question is always, is there demonstrable striving toward the elements
identified in the maturity model.

If that's not apparent, then one has to wonder, whatever the level of
achievement, whether that's what one expects to see in an Apache Project,
whatever its tenure.  It's about the journey the Project (or Podling) is on,
not a fixed destination.

 - Dennis

[ ... ]