On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 4:35 PM Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Greg Chase <g...@gregchase.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The branding guidelines do not address feedback such as "logo in
> footer" or
> >> "disclaimer is buried deep or below the fold".
> >
> > Incubation disclaimers are intended to be substantive.  They are not CYA
> legal
> > boilerplate that can be are buried in fine print. The intent is to
> communicate
> > (effectively!) to consumers that a project is incubating.
>
> I haven't heard anyone suggesting "CYA" or "buried in fine print"?
> Most sites put notices at the bottom of a page similar to how we put
> our equally important copyright/trademark notices at the bottom of our
> home page.  That, along with having the page saying "(Incubating)" all
> over the place is surely enough of a notice... this "must be above the
> fold" stuff is overreaching and encroaching on the PPMC.  They have
> the disclaimer, let's not overcome our boredom by being helicopter
> parents...

Please don't interpret the current research being done as saying that the
logo/disclaimer has to be above the fold.  There are certain ways I've seen
the disclaimer where its not clear how its used, or what it's related to.
I've seen podlings use differing fonts to make it seem unimportant, and
actually think it makes more sense in the footer.

John