On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 1:25 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...when I was a VP of Incubator a few years
> ago I had to deal with a formal escalation brought to the ASF level
> by somebody who felt unduly left out of that initial list of committers...

The way I would deal with the is politely explain how people can
become committers once incubation starts, and don't go any further.

I am strongly opposed to giving more value to the initial committers
list than we have done so far, which is just an initial list that's
going to be expanded and also often reduced during incubation,
according to how people actually contribute to the project.

A "draft list of committers and future PMC members" if you wish, nothing more.

I am not opposed to Geertjan/NetBeans team refining the current list,
but please don't delay the incubation vote by doing so.

And above all please avoid giving the impression that whatever list
you come up with is complete - I'm sure you'll forget a few folks and
other folks who are on the list will end up contributing nothing, and
none of that is a problem.

-Bertrand