When we asked DataStax if they would sign a code grant, they were clear that
they would not.  When we asked if they were opposed to us taking a fork to
Apache, we got no response, despite trying on multiple channels.  I don’t know
if this is enough to accept the podling or not, but it’s the best we’re going
to get.

Alan.