Not sure I understand. If the dependency is optional and scope provided, I
don't think it's an issue.

If it's not the case (I gonna check) and the resulting jar embeds the
dependency it's an issue.

Kinesis IO will be used by a very small part of users imho (only the ones who
needs pipelines connected with Kinesis). So they can add the Kinesis client by
hand.

Regards
JB

⁣​