Greetings Incubator,

The Fluo podling has decided to pursue graduation to a TLP. The result of
the internal PPMC vote is at [1] (apologies that it occurred on our private
list instead of on our dev list; the discuss thread [2] which preceded it
did occur on the dev list). Our podling status page has recently been
updated and can be found here[3].

Below, you can view the proposed TLP resolution which we'd like to present
to the board with the support of the IPMC, after sufficient discussion here
and subsequent IPMC vote.

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/04a9de260fcd14b184ae7a8b725e348e13ee4ad10e3057a6a404732c@%3Cprivate.fluo.apache.org%3E
[2]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3164d77ea18c3e36ce215ab4a07b2cb80cf9c49c2503ef5d1defbdde@%3Cdev.fluo.apache.org%3E
[3]: https://incubator.apache.org/projects/fluo

**********
Establish the Apache Fluo Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to the storage and incremental processing of large data sets.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Fluo Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Fluo Project be and hereby is responsible for
the creation and maintenance of software related to the storage and
incremental processing of large data sets; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Fluo" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of
the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Fluo Project, and to
have primary responsibility for management of the projects within the
scope of responsibility of the Apache Fluo Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Fluo Project:

* Billie Rinaldi <bil...@apache.org>
* Chris McTague <cjmcta...@apache.org>
* Christopher Tubbs <ctubb...@apache.org>
* Corey J. Nolet <cjno...@apache.org>
* Drew Farris <d...@apache.org>
* Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
* Keith Turner <ktur...@apache.org>
* Mike Walch <mwa...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Keith Turner be appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache Fluo, to serve in accordance
with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the
Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Fluo PMC be and hereby is tasked with
the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development
and increased participation in the Apache Fluo Project; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Fluo Project be and hereby is tasked with the
migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Fluo podling; and
be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Fluo podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.