On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:23 PM John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:

> Oh hmm did a bit more digging.
>
> Looks like you did add someone, but I guess due to timing it was missed in
> the last board report? Then nevermind, ignore my 2nd bullet point.

Correct. This was due to timing. If we don't graduate by then, the new
committer will appear on our next report. (And will appear on our first
board report if we do graduate.) Our podling status page does include him,
however.

> John
>
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:15 PM John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Christopher,
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up.  A few nits on my part, but overall I would be
> > happy to see Fluo graduate.  When reading my notes, please also consult
> the
> > graduation guide at [1].
> >
> > - The discussion and vote should have happened on your public dev list,
> > not private.  It's good that at least discussion happened publicly, and
> the
> > actual vote isn't required so it's not a big deal.
> > - I don't see any sign that you added new committers or PPMC members
> since
> > incubating.  See also [2].  I don't see that as a show stopper, as it
> looks
> > like a diverse group.

It's not as diverse as we'd like. We recognize this and really want to do
better. This was raised in our DISCUSS thread, but it seems agreed that
remaining in Incubation is not going to help this situation much. It will
be something we will continue to work on, regardless, and something we'd
include in our board reports as a TLP.

> > - Of the proposed PMC, how many are actively committing to Fluo?  Was
> > there an ask at any point to see who was still interested?

At least three are actively committing. An additional one (myself) helps
out more with code reviews, build system maintenance, bug reports, and
releases rather than coding. At least one of the mentors was active with
reading issues and participating in discussions. Two others have mainly
been acting only as mentors.

I'm not sure I understand your second question.

> > - Only one mentor voted on the graduation.  Would be great to see if the
> > other mentors are equally on board.

I don't want to speak for them, but to summarize what's in the podling
VOTE/DISCUSS threads: only one formally voted in the VOTE thread, but one
more gave their enthusiastic +1 in the DISCUSS thread. The third expressed
some hesitation based on the size of the community (see my response about
diversity/size above), but seemed to accept the argument I made in that
thread for us continuing to work on this and include our progress in our
regular board reports as a TLP.