> On Mar 4, 2019, at 3:12 AM, Mick Semb Wever <m...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The cookies in the moderator mails expire after a few days.
>
> This example was all done today. Numerous attempts have been made.
>> It also means that the person is aware that the private@ list is
>> something they need to follow.

As noted else-thread, there is an alternate method to subscribing to the email
lists, by sending email to
private-subscribe-EMAIL.ADDRESS=domain....@skywalking.apache.org

> Not getting any response at all is not an indication of whether the list
> exist of not, unfortunately.
>
> Anyway… to the thread's discussion: every PPMC received an invitation (per
> Apache template) that requested subscription to both dev and private ML.
> Reading the ASF guidelines here:
> https://apache.org/foundation/governance/pmcs.html#communication ; I
> interpret it as they SHOULD be subscribed rather than MUST, and I'm curious
> as to whether how many of the TLPs are actually enforcing this among their
> pmc, if any. It's an interesting discussion… but I'm not entirely convinced
> it's an accurate shortcoming to whether the podling is ready for graduation
> or not.

I think the question is not "Is SkyWalking ready to graduate" but "Is the
proposed PMC list accurate".

The PMC members are responsible for governing the TLP and as such need to be
familiar with what is expected of them. Governance activities are conducted on
the PPMC private list. If a PPMC member has not participated in any governance
activities during incubation, it's unclear that they belong on the PMC.

Reviewing the last several months of private@skywalking list, most of the
discussion of new committers has had only four or five participants, who are
clearly involved in governance of the project.

Regards,

Craig