I understand the frustration here.

I'd suggest that with a large project like this [1], that has had many cases
where the release would appear to be in violation of standards, that the
[DISCUSS] and [VOTE] threads explicitly call out the issues, the RAT
exclusions, and a small discussion of what "anomalies" have already been
discussed and resolved.

And it would be worthwhile for the Mentors to explicitly discuss in their vote
been resolved.

Regards,

Craig

[1] the biggest one ever!