Hi,

As soon as we have communities, there's no problem.

I think it would just be interesting to have some details about why
TubeMQ brings something different compare to existing MQ projects
(Kafka, Pulsar, ActiveMQ, etc).
The purpose is not to challenge projects each other but have better
understanding of TubeMQ.

Just my $0.01

Regards
JB

On 21/10/2019 17:07, Sheng Wu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't see the competition among different MQ solutions is an issue. This
> happens among all OSS projects, inside or outside ASF.
> We are using the Apache Way to help the project to build the community.
> If(only if) it is not better than Kafka in all fields(an assumption only),
> it will/could end with a lack of contributors/committers. But this should
> not be a block for starting the incubating process.
>
> Sheng Wu 吴晟
>
> Apache SkyWalking
> Apache Incubator
> Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
> Zipkin
> Twitter, wusheng1108
>

> Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> 于2019年10月21日周一 下午5:31写道:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> The first one is if we are able to mentor the project well enough (old
>> discussion).
>>
>> You might be right about that the project currently I believe there's only
>> one mentor with recent mentoring experience, and while all proposed are ASF
>> members, not all of them are active on the IPMC general list. It might be
>> better for the project to have at least one other mentor with executive and
>> is more active in the IPMC. What do others think?
>>
>>> As the project comes from Tencent I assume that the community is mostly
>> Chinese and due to the language barrier (and probably a different culture)
>> we have seen that these projects tend to be "more challenging" (this does
>> not describe it accurate enough but I hope that readers understand what I
>> mean).
>>
>> While projects in this group do have some challenges, I don’t believe it’s
>> anymore than other projects from different background. In some ways the ASF
>> model is a good cultural fit - see Sharan’s thesis on that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org