Hi Justin,

It wasn't part of the software grant so we were just following the bundling
apache licensed 2.0 code route as explained here [1].
No addition to the LICENSE was needed as the code already was Apache 2
licensed. As the necessary mentions already are in our notice file, no
change was needed there either.
Can you elaborate on what isn't done correctly as described in [1]?

Kind Regards,
Hans

[1] https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html