Hi,

> It wasn't part of the software grant so we were just following the bundling
> apache licensed 2.0 code route as explained here [1].

See [1] "However, for completeness it is useful to list the products and their
versions, as is done for products under other licenses.” Common practice is
that you list any ALv2 licensed code in your LICENSE file. Also if the code
base if came from has a NOTICE file you may need to alter your NOTICE file as
well. Can you point to the code base / repository it come from?

It still seems odd to me that only this one file has come across in this
fashion, all of those files in that directory didn’t exist in the previous
release where did they come from? Have their headers been altered?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep